An Application Programming Interface (API) is a set of programming instructions and standards for accessing a Web-based software application or Web tool.
An API is a software-to-software interface, not a user interface. With APIs, applications talk to each other without any user knowledge or intervention.
Using APIs, you can:
- Send notifications via email, Text/SMS, Text to Speech Voice Alert, and Facebook
- Activate Regroup via another system to send notifications or send a notification from Regroup to activate another system or to deliver content
- Import and manage your users
- Create and manage groups (create, purge, delete)
- Approve pending requests (pending topic and membership requests)
- Retrieve data: user changes (within a given time period), admin permissions, total users on the network, etc.
- And more...
Regroup's API Suite includes:
- Membership API - Allows you to import and manage your users as well as retrieve user data.
- Messaging API - Allows you to send notifications to one or more users via email, Text/SMS, Text to Speech Voice Alert, and Facebook. We currently offer 3 Messaging APIs (See below).
- Standard Messaging API - Allows you to automatically trigger a notification to existing members within the Regroup system. Notifications can be sent to groups as a whole as well as to one or more users.
- C.A.P. 1.2 Messaging API - Allows you to automatically trigger a notification via a valid C.A.P 1.2 message to specific groups.
- Text/SMS Only API - Allows you to automatically trigger a Text/SMS notification to users who do or do not exist in Regroup database.
- Group Management API - Allows you to manage your groups (create, purge, and delete).
- Phone Number API - Allows you to manage user's phone numbers. You can look up a user by a phone number, and add or delete a phone number for a user.
- Group Unsubscribe API - Allows you to fetch a complete list of users that have unsubscribed from the Regroup system.
- Pending Topic Requests API - Allows you to approve or deny pending topics.
- Group Membership Requests API - Allows you to approve or deny any requests for group membership.